Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"Shit On Me" Day

Today sucked from the time I woke up til a short time ago. It started with my dear daughter (3) decided it would be a great idea to jump as high and hard as she could into a huge half-melted puddle at the daycare. Soaked to the bone I drag her inside to find that her extra set of clothes are missing.

So I take her home, change her and go back to the daycare (now 1/2 hour late because of the extra drive). When we get there and take our boots off we walk into the class and both get soaked socks because the other
F&#*(&g parents don't have the decency to remove their wet shoes or boots before traipsing through the classroom. How ignorant can they be?!? So (thankfully I brought extra socks for both of us) I was delayed yet again.

Work was work - nothing good or bad.

When I went to pick my daughter up, I ended up with yet another soaked foot because of the ignorant parent(s) who refuse to take their boots off and am then pulled aside by the "teacher."

I'm told my daughter has an aggression problem (at three years old, mind you). She hits and bites and scratches for "no reason whatsoever, just out of the blue." Well I don't know about anyone else, but I found that hard to believe. I'm not saying my daughter's an angel, because I know she can act out sometimes, but surely she was probably mad because someone had the blue crayon she wanted or a toy she wanted - there was SOME reason - (be it a good one or not) - to cause her to get angry and act out.

So now I'm told to "fix it." HUH?! Who's the teacher here? We don't have these problems at home, so the problem lies in the teachers needing to get a backbone, put her in a time out (and make her stay there for the full 3 minutes!!!) and explaining what she did wrong and what a better alternative would be.

Am I so off the wall to think this should be a joint partnership with the daycare to rectify the situation? I'm not there all day - they are. I guess I'm just really bloody frustrated because I expect that these ladies have experience with this age group and would have some suggestions on how to curb this behaviour - but they tell me they don't have any ideas.

And the other part that bothers me is this is this is a newly manifested behaviour at the daycare (I assume from lack of a report prior to this)...so I wonder what has changed at the daycare in structure or teachers or bully's or what that would possibly trigger a change in behaviour with her.

ARGH. I just feel at a loss.

1 Comments, Screams & Rants:

At January 17, 2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Ouch, Les, it sure *did* suck to be you today.

I have no advice about the behaviour at daycare...but I definitely would have a chat with the teacher about exactly what happens and when this acting out started. Maybe when it's discussed fully, it might become apparent what the trigger was.

Other than that...hell, the kid's three. Isn't that what 3-year-olds do when they're frustrated? I'm surprised the teacher wasn't more helpful though. ugh.

Tomorrow's another day...and here's hoping for dry feet, at the very least :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home