Thursday, December 21, 2006

Emily's First Party


Yesterday I took Emily to my Christmas party for work. I figured it'd be a safe place to go...not too rowdy...good friends and great food. It started off well - we arrived about fifteen minutes early - plenty of time to unbundle and get settled before the swarm around the baby started (you know it's gonna happen).

So I sat down - looked around the room and realized I knew no one. Wow...they must've had A LOT of new hires since I left last month on Mat Leave. So I waited a minute and everyone started to dish up at the buffet. Still, none of my friends were there. I then realized (duh) that I was at the wrong party. Emily and I officially crashed our first Christmas party.

We went to the front desk of the hotel and asked where our group was - apparently I was at the wrong hotel. Sigh. So I called to work and managed to find someone who advised me the party was rebooked elsewhere - no one told me - thanks guys!

We high tailed it like a couple of flying reindeer to the new location at the Racino. Got there, Emily was scooped up by one person while I ate and was then passed around from person to person to person for about three hours. She was an angel and didn't make a fuss at all until shortly before we left.

Good time had by all and a great lunch!!

This outfit was picked out by Brian because we all know he's the shopper of the family. Not bad taste, eh?

0 Comments, Screams & Rants:

Post a Comment

<< Home