Saturday, April 15, 2006

This Little Toenails...

How do you do it? I am at my wits end in trying to get my 3 year old to cooperate with me when it comes time to trim her nails - fingers and toes. Tonight, for example, I had to "bargain" for five toenails in exchange for a small handful of smarties - and even with that "deal" - my husband AND I had to try to hold her down so I could get five toes clipped.

We used to have a problem a year ago and somehow worked through it to the point where she'd sit on Daddy and let me cut away...and lately - it's really just a fight from the second I get the clippers to the second we let her run screaming bloody murder...it's awful for her and awful for us...

So...for those of you who have been here and mastered the trick - PLEASE LET ME IN ON IT!! The only other idea I have is to get a mini-maglight and sneak in to do her other five toes when she's sleeping...ugh.

2 Comments, Screams & Rants:

At April 15, 2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Peer pressure :)

My son hated having his nails trimmed...so much so that I *did* have to resort to nocturnal clippings to avoid crying, screaming matches.

My niece (his best buddy) is about 5 months older than he is. One day she was over playing, and I asked her if she would like me to 'do' her nails. She was excited about it, and that's all it took for my little follower to decide that getting his nails clipped wasn't so bad.

I'm in so much shit when this kid's a teenager, lol!

 
At May 27, 2006 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my son was the same.....he freaked...but he'd let my sister do it and it took me a long time to realize, she didnt cut them as short as i did......he hated the feel of it.....hes older now and told me why he freaked....it was the feel of it....he hated it...

just cut them to be a bit longer...tell her it wont feel as bad this time and get her to let you try one....and leave it a bit longer...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home