Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Crows Revisited

Okay - so PEI has a "crow problem." Does this not strike anyone else as a little bit strange? I've never heard of a crow problem - I've never heard of re-locating a flock of crows...it just really wierd.

So I was driving around on the weekend (yes, in the snow storm, because it's still a novelty for me) and pulled over at Victoria Park so I could get some pictures of the snow (yes, it really is the same on the east coast as it is on the west - go figure!). So I took this shot:


And then I looked at the car thinking - damn, what's that sound?? I looked across the road to the park and almost gave myself a heart attack. Does anyone remember the movies, "The Birds?" Well it's kinda like that - a shit load of crows sitting in the trees cawing at one another...it's just really wierd. So it's their "roost" or "nest" and the patrons of the neighbourhood are PO'd because, damnit - they're loud! Anyway, took this pic - not too clear but there are more then a handful of garbage pickers in there!




2 Comments, Screams & Rants:

At February 15, 2006 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Les,

It's very loud - and when standing in the middle of it - you can hear poop drop like rain. Yuck.

 
At February 16, 2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack - yeah that would be nasty. I watched a very brave soul walk through the park beneath the trees and had my cell phone handy in case emergency services would need to be called for fear that she was going to be attacked...never thought about the poop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home