Friday, March 02, 2007

Happy March 2nd

Okay it's March 2nd and I'm pleased to report that the sleeping-during-the-day issue with the wee one has been sorted out. Basically the idea is to let her scream until she falls asleep. Now many people think this is mean and wrong and blah blah blah - all I can say is I'll do what works. The first day the couple of naps took about 20 - 35 minutes for her to calm herself enough to sleep...then down to 10 - 15 minutes...then down to 5 and now it's only a couple minutes of talking to herself and sucking her toes (which is an amazing feat!!) before she drifts off to lala land.
Back to the toe sucking phenomenon...it's really kinda cool. She grabs those little cute toes and well sucks on them - pretty basic, but damn those babies are flexible aren't they!?! If not totally inappropriate - I mean if I were to rip my sock off and start to suck on my toes I'm pretty certain people who look at me as though I had some serious issues. Today she was pulling on her feet and managed to flip her body over to her tummy - so that was exciting because she hasn't really done the back-to-front roll over yet...yay!

Anyone watch any great movies lately? I've watched both the Illusionist and the Prestige over the last couple weeks and I really enjoyed both of them - although I'm more partial to the Illusionist because I have a major "thing" for Edward Norton - ever since he shaved his head in "American History X" mmm mmm yum. Although Christian Bale is pretty damn great too - and my "thing" started for him wayyyy back in "Newsies" - anyone see that? Oooh la la what a great little musical.

0 Comments, Screams & Rants:

Post a Comment

<< Home